Friday, April 24, 2009

For PANDA with love

Oops, somehow managed to blog, and then un-blog, these pictures this morning. So anyway, I thought I'd show you one of the items I made for the PANDA hampers being put together for auction by the aforementioned Shannon (of yoga-pants fame).


It's a little reversible smock that overlaps at the back and ties at the shoulders. It's for a little lassie, probably anywhere between 1-3 years. The basic inspiration came from this gorgeous free tute which I've made a few times now, but I've lengthened the ties because it makes the fit more flexible for a range of builds and ages.

I love the happy yellow floral cotton, and I hope a little girl will feel happy wearing it too. The reverse side is plain brown: boring but practical when it comes to helping lick the chocolate-icing bowl. I wish I could say the fabric is vintage but it ain't - it's a Spotlight print from my stash. Never mind, stashbusting is a good start in the green-crafting stakes. But I'm already eyeing off a lovely retro pillowcase or two to make a few more smocks. They're so sweet! Now to find some little girls to give them to...

Oh, and did I mention that PANDA gets no government funding? How crappy is that! I hope some good dollars are raised.




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love those colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is a wonderful and easy shape! I must try it as well!Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. like, wow! You are truly amazing and a sewing/crafting genius! I still shake my head and have a quiet little giggle to myself from time to time - go back 3 years and who would have thunk it!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are a very clever creative lady make them bigger i would buy them x

    ReplyDelete

“Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.”
~Albert Einstein