Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Creative Space

Ahh, the top of the ironing board - THE place for creativity. Space is at a premium in our two-bedroom flat, especially with a toddler, his many train-related accoutrements, and a rolling baby underfoot. The ironing board has been erected in our loungeroom most of the week, keeping things in my view and out of their reach. A simply-pieced chocolate linen and spot/stripe quilt top, waiting patiently for backing, binding, and quilting before heading off to baby Abi.



And on the windowsill... a good-enough-to-eat bowl of felt rocks in various shades of red that I picked out for myself from a felt shop at the Stitches and Craft Show. I'm planning thread them together (alone or with something else?) to make myself a nice chunky necklace for winter. Don't know how, but I figure it can't be that hard...
Creative spaces brought to you c/o kootoyoo - go on over, check out all the fabulous art taking place around us!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. They will look great as a necklace.

    I use my ironing board as a cutting table, I think they make the perfect crafting benches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really loving red at the moment. So I'm liking the post too! I think those pebbles are fantastic. Clever, clever, clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those felt rocks!
    Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those felt rocks are going to look great as a neclace! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

“Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.”
~Albert Einstein