Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Right up my alley!

Check this out. An upcycling contest, woohoo. Not only that, but some awesome prizes from a few of my favourite crafty peeps - Sublime Stitching, Mixtape, Amy Butler, and this book that I've been keen to get my hands on for inspiration.

Hmmm, what to make, what to make? Might have to get moving on that toilet roll wedding gown sooner rather than later.

Only slightly annoying is the fact that today, before I read about this comp, I was daydreaming about hosting something similar, some type of upcycling contest based around a particular common object. But I was going to wait for a few months, settle into a blogging rhythm, make a few connections etc then do it. I'm so six-months-ago. Oh well, someone has to bring up the rear. And what a rear...

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.”
~Albert Einstein